Sunday, November 2, 2008

Game Report - 11/1/08

Another fantastic performance by our Cougars on Saturday. After a rather disjointed start - brought about by staying up late and eating candy, I'm sure - the Cougars brought it home in the 3rd quarter. Once again, I'm happy to report, we weren't fighting each other for the ball. I was quite pleased to see players trailing the ball just in case something happened.

I was also quite impressed by some of the defensive plays I saw - especially kicking the ball off the goal line to prevent a goal. I also saw our kids turning the ball and kicking it into space.

There was quite a bit of pushing and shoving from the other team yesterday but I was impressed with the way our kids handled it. Had the game been a closer affair I would have spoken to the other coach about it but I didn't think it would be an issue - and it wasn't. I also don't think it's a bad thing if some of our kids learned to play (a bit) more aggressively. All in all, quite a show.

And, once again, if anyone has any photos from the game you'd like to see posted on the blog, just e-mail them to me and I'll get them up.

A special thanks to Thomas Jackson for the action shots from Saturday's game.  Enjoy.

No comments: